Eagle Ranch Christian Children's Home
The children's program at Eagle Ranch generally admits children with mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional/defiant behavior, lying, stealing, school conduct problems, academic underachievement, poor social skills, anger management, poor self-image, etc. Children and teens exhibiting more at risk behavior or severe problems will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Boys, aged 8 - 16, and girls, aged 8- 17.
- Minimum IQ of 70.
- Mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- Must have family involvement with potential for reunification.
- Must have family (birth, adoptive, foster) to live with on weekends home & breaks (school holidays, several weeks during the summer, etc.).
- Must be able to function in a public school, although grades 6-9 will be educated on-campus.
- Should live within an 80-mile radius of Eagle Ranch (Gainesville area).
- No alcohol or drug dependency.
- No history of sexual offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- No active suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation, or behavior (if history of suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation or behavior, a review of psychiatric/hospital records will determine appropriateness of placement at Eagle Ranch.
- Average length of stay is 12 - 24 months.
- Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- Child's family resides within 80 miles of the Eagle Ranch campus in Georgia.
- Family involvement with the potential for reunification. Must provide home for child every other weekend, holidays and school breaks.
- Family must be willing to meet at the Ranch to participate in all counseling and parent-support group sessions.
- Child must have health insurance.
Read More About: