Eagle Ranch is now hiring a Paraprofessional for the Eagle Ranch School.
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-time. Non-exempt.
Eagle Ranch is a nonprofit organization located in Flowery Branch, Georgia, dedicated to serving children and families in crisis, primarily through temporary residential services for children and counseling for families. Eagle Ranch was founded in 1985 and has served over 2,000 children and their families. Eagle Ranch School is located on the Eagle Ranch campus and forms one component of a holistic, therapeutic program that helps students close academic gaps, regulate emotions and manage their behavior.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Eagle Ranch School paraprofessionals assist their assigned teacher in providing instruction, assessing and encouraging student progress, and managing the learning environment. Additionally, they will work cooperatively with the Director of Education, counselors, houseparents, parents, and colleagues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows professional practices consistent with Eagle Ranch school and Eagle Ranch policies in working with students, students’ records, house parents, parents, colleagues, and Counselors.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records.
- Supports behavior management framework as outlined by counseling team.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings/activities.
- Assists teacher in implementing designated curriculum with best practices around instruction.
- Models correct use of pedagogical language, oral and written, as demonstrated by the lead teacher.
- Acts professionally and assumes responsibility for the total Ranch program, its safety and good order.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings, to include break, lunch, field trips, and other specified times.
- Mature and growing Christian.
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed instructions.
- Self-motivated and takes pride in doing job well.
- Knowledge of diverse technological software, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, ClearTouch boards, and other educational platforms.
- Self-sufficient with ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Flexible individual who is comfortable being a team member and leader as needed.
- High School Diploma.
To apply, candidates should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Amanda Valentine at email@example.com and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.