REPORTS TO: Counselor and Director of Spiritual Life
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-time. Exempt.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Assist the Eagle Ranch program as part of a team to provide spiritual leadership and care for up to seven children. Help create a safe, stable environment where children can work on their issues and practice new behaviors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster an understanding of what it means to live by biblical principles while encouraging a child to an individual faith in Christ.
- Offer spiritual guidance and mentorship to Eagle Ranch children and families from a biblical worldview.
- Participate in team meetings and staff meetings, trainings, staff chapel and other related activities.
- Plan and implement group development and recreational activities for kids in the program.
- Assist in facilitating the group process in the home, helping to build communication and relationship skills among the children.
- Help communicate with the children’s parents regarding the progress of their child and encourage them to embrace the treatment program.
- Communicate regularly with the Houseparent Couple and Counselor to assist with the implementation of the program.
- Work with children when Houseparents are absent and during weekly date nights.
- Assist in teaching physical education or other duties at Eagle Ranch School.
1. Regularly attend church and have a clear Christian testimony.
2. Enjoy participating in Christian community.
3. Passion to work with children.
4. Teachable spirit and desire to learn.
5. Flexible and adaptable. Able to adjust to sudden schedule changes.
6. Able to learn and put into practice discipline and behavior management skills.
7. Enjoy an active lifestyle, including outdoor activities.
8. Good verbal communication skills.
1. Follower of Christ and agree with Eagle Ranch Statement Faith.
2. 4-year college degree or related professional experience (college seniors seeking employment upon graduation may apply).
3. Be at least 21, have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and able to drive a 15-passenger van.
4. Live on campus in gender-specific housing with other Program Assistants.
5. Written spiritual and personal references.
6. Good Christian character, physical health and emotional maturity.
Ready to apply? Take the first step and send your resume and cover letter to the attention of John Cunnings (for male applicants) and to Jeannine Keller (for female applicants) at email@example.com, Subject Line: Program Assistant.